I am looking for a database to be used in a set of small to medium ASP.NET projects (using C#)
I found two DBs that could help me with this.
One is feature rich DB4O
- Lots of features
- Supports LINQ that is easy to refactor
- On a market for a long time
- Reasonably fast on small DB sizes
- DB4O is targeting embedded market
- Thread safe but single-user
- I have had problems to make LINQ use indexes (perhaps I shall try latest development version)
Eloquera (SQL, eloquera.com)
- Supports powerful SQL like queries, looks like have query optimizer that uses indexes in efficient way
- Supports property indexing
- Designed for Web, multiuser
- It's fast, really fast.
- Supports really big DB sizes
- I never seen them before on the market, looks like new guys
- Support for complex field types looks like in progress.
- Transactions also in progress
I looked into FastObject and Objectivity - they are expensive (FastObjects in a range of 40K euro) and slow in .NET environment.
I am very happy to use db4o, the only concerns about LINQ indexing and lack of multiuser support
Is there any work in this direction going?